Thursday 21 May 2015

Art Fusion

Since the books from Tuesday's blog didn’t help, the next logical step was the internet. YouTube is a great way to learn things without leaving your home. There are a lot of abstract painters using different tools and techniques; but after each attempt my results were unsuccessful. Two YouTuber’s I do recommend are Amy Pierce and Sabine Belz, they do interesting artwork but difficult to recreate. 

While searching the net I came across Art Fusion Productions by Glen Farquhar; can’t forget a name like that.   Art Fusion , based in Australia, has videos you can purchase with step by step instructions.  Either buy a DVD and wait, or download the videos immediately. I bought and downloaded six and have been successful with three. The other three tutorials were useful for technique but no pleasing paintings came from it.

‘Blizzard’ was my favourite, with two awesome paintings now hanging in the bedrooms. Unfortunately the house paint was too diluted and starting to crack so they will have to be redone. 





‘Dandelion’ is in the hall 



and ‘Patchwork’ in the conservatory. 



After creating these paintings I felt like they weren’t me; so having tried books and the internet, the next phase will have to be art class.

No comments:

Post a Comment