Monday 25 May 2015

Pop Art

My next project with Jane @ www.ashleybrianart.co.uk was of my Tibetan Terrier Lucy. I always loved Warhol’s style and decided to create a pop art type painting next. Lucy is adorable and with the perfect photo, it was inevitable she would be my subject.

Photoshop helped me to adjust the image, using Filter/Artistic/Cutout and then playing with: No. of levels, Edge simplicity and Edge fidelity.




After doing that project, which took nearly six weeks, I realized starting with my lightest colour first would have been easier. Adding the orange over the blue and purple was tough, even though I was working with acrylics.

To test this theory I made a smaller pop version of a Giraffe and as expected, it was easier to do. However, it probably needs a second coat of red.



No comments:

Post a Comment