Thursday 16 July 2015

Paint my Photo Hibiscus & Lightning Watercolour

While looking for a watercolour lesson on YouTube, I came across Lindsay Weirich 'thefrugalcrafter'; she has a ‘Hibiscus watercolor painting tutorial’. The lesson was easy to follow and my watercolour came out pretty nice. 

Lindsay used a photo from Paint My Photo, a membership website, that has photos you can use to paint your own works of art and sell.

The website has since moved platforms and, in my opinion, is not as easy to use. www.pmp-art.com is still a remarkably inspiring meeting place for both photographers and artists. With about 60 photographs loaded on the site... I'm just waiting for someone to paint my photo.

Each month there is a photography and a painting challenge. For the month of May I took part in the painting challenge. My watercolour wasn’t as fabulous as a lot of the others; but it was fun to submit something and I got to use my masking fluid.

http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/flash-of-lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment