Thursday 9 July 2015

Acrylic Painting Class – Final Project with Joel

We had three weeks for the final project and could choose any subject to paint. A cool picture of my dog Linus as a puppy was my choice. I wanted to use the colour mixing and glazing that we learned in previous lessons. Three weeks was not enough time; even after bringing mine home to work on, it was never completed. This was partially due to my unwillingness to make the painting worse in order to make it better and partly because I just wasn’t sure what it needed. Someday I hope to come back to it. If anyone has any constructive suggestions I'm open to them. The dog doesn't pop like it should and the background may be too busy.

While painting this photo I was inspired to try a pallet knife version and be bolder and more abstract. I didn't restrict myself to mixing the paint and didn't put in a background. This painting took a lot less time and in my humble opinion, came out better than the final project.

I brought it into class for Joel to look at and he liked it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment