Monday 1 June 2015

B&Q Paints

B&Q had a clearance sale on house paints and they were really bright colours. It was a no brainer, the bargain shopper in me bought 5 colours: blue, green, red, yellow and black  Maybe not the wildest of colours but with them I created two really cool paintings using techniques learned from Art Fusion.
 

For more ideas I searched abstracts on Google images and found some interesting art. This time regular artist acrylics were used because the B&Q ones were too close to the original. By changing the colours, shape and adding paint splashes, I created my own artwork. It’s nice to view other paintings to get ideas provided you don’t create an exact replica.


I have included the inspirational painting; couldn’t find the link to the photo but found Victor Tilson the artist @ www.saatchiart.com. That's something to remember, keep the link to images you download.

No comments:

Post a Comment