Thursday 25 June 2015

Cherry Painting From Will Kemp Art School on Youtube

My father gave me a GoPro for my birthday and not being active, I've used it to video a Cherry painting. What seemed like a good idea was awkward and difficult. There is no view finder, so the iPad needed to be linked via WiFi to control the GoPro. Then after filming there was LOTS and LOTS of editing.

Cherry Painting Part 1 was done in GoPro editing software, but somehow the program got lost on my computer.  So...Cherry Painting Part 2 was edited using Microsoft Movie Maker, which was filmed and edited 6 months later. It’s my first try at YouTube so you’ll have to forgive me for the results.

The painting is from a cherry tutorial created by Will Kemp Art School. There are free videos on his website along with written instructions, a picture to download and list of all materials needed. Once again, I had to go and buy some new colours. The only acrylic paint not purchased was the green gold; made that myself. The painting took me a long time but I am satisfied with the outcome.

The background isn’t perfect because the area around the stem had to be redone. Note to self… find another way of filming. The camera kept getting in the way of my hand and the last part didn’t get filmed because the painting had to lay flat.

Perfect frame from Home Sense

The learning, painting, filming, editing process was long and tedious; must find an easier way. The experience was worth it and someday I'll be more organized to do it again. Hope you like the speed painting and I dare you to try filming for YouTube. Much respect for those artists who can create, teach film and edit...it's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment