Saturday 5 December 2015

Ways to Learn Acrylics…Painting Project No. 6

The next project in Mark Daniel Nelson’s book “Little Ways to Learn Acrylics: 50 Small painting projects to get you started” was 'Applying a simple glaze: Bread and butter’.


My first attempt at drawing the piece of toast was inaccurate so I decided to do it in pencil first and then paint over it. How hard could a simple square with a bubble on top be? After adding all the layers it certainly proved difficult to do; it didn’t resemble the example in the book, but it looked good enough.

All my painting teachers say that mixing primary colours makes paintings look better and more cohesive, but it’s nice to use paint out of the tube because it makes fixing mistakes easier.  I might try this one again after I’ve done all 50 from the book…watch this space.

If you’re doing these exercises too, I’d like to know how you’re getting on, please leave a comment or e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment