Saturday 1 August 2015

Painting & Drawing Class - Multiple Acrylic Techniques w/ Joel

We created four A4 tree paintings on heavy paper. There were two tree photos to choose from; mine was of the taller thinner tree so I turned my paper to the portrait orientation.  Other people in class did the larger tree using landscape orientation.

Firstly we did watery washes in blue; my washes were landscape (before I knew I was doing the smaller tree). The washes look a little strange but anyway.

The first tree was with a stippling brush, which I didn’t have, so I used a round brush and only lightly tapped the paper. The second tree was with a sponge, while doing the painting it felt too uncontrollable but in hindsight it was my favourite.

The third tree was with a pallet knife and the fourth with a large brush. The last one was done at home because I was slow in class, as usual. On this one I was able to change the direction of the wash. Doing these different techniques with the same subject and colours was a great exercise and I want to try it again someday soon. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment