Sunday 21 February 2016

Craft Day - Greeting Cards

No watercolour class due to half term so my friend Snezana and I had a craft day. She has so much craft paraphernalia that there was too much choice, which made it difficult to know where to start.

My first attempt was easy with a card Snezana prepared earlier to use as a guide. It was really labour intensive (seven layers and some tinting with inks) to put everything together; but when I was finished I was hooked. It’s so rewarding to know that you designed (well sort of) and crafted something so beautiful. I hope my mother in law appreciates my effort:).


For the second card we looked on Pinterest for ideas and found this butterfly card that was absolutely gorgeous. Can’t find the link but when I do I’ll add it here. Snezana didn’t have the same butterfly stamp so we used one from her many binders. The embossed brick background was also different from the original and I added a ‘with love on your birthday’ stamp for my father in law's birthday. O.k. so everything doesn’t line up perfectly and my photo isn’t that great, but that adds to the appeal, right?


For my third try the butterfly card was so nice a similar version seemed ideal. This time with less layers and a fitting sentiment stamp (I hope) for my Aunt. The fewer layers made it lighter so mailing it to America wouldn’t be so expensive. The day went by so fast that this card was put together after I got home. Instead of sticky tape I used PVA glue and the butterfly paper got all crinkly, which luckily you can't see in the photo.

I am so hooked on making cards that I bought a permanent adhesive roller a ‘handmade by’ & balloon stamp; I also want to buy embossing powder and a few other stamps. Going to try and keep spending to a minimum but my husband doesn’t believe me:(.

No comments:

Post a Comment