Monday 4 January 2016

Painting Project No. 9 from 'Ways to Learn Acrylics'

Happy New Year everyone. I spent time drawing and practising paintings for next year's Christmas cards. I think I have a few good ideas :) If you are looking for a good art book,  I absolutely recommend "Little Ways to Learn Acrylics: 50 small painting projects to get you started" by Mark Daniel Nelson.

Project number 9 ‘Simple reflections: Sailing boat’ came out better than expected. The colours the author recommended were not vibrant enough for me so I changed them. As ever, my perspective on the boat isn’t the same as the example. It took me longer than usual to complete this, but I am happy with the results. I hope to get through the next nine paintings quicker so I can start Chapter 3 in the book, which is titled ‘Beyond Basics’.

No comments:

Post a Comment